Friday, March 30, 2007

Freescale chip in Nokia 5700 phone?

I have to agree with Michael Mace when he says that in blogosphere (and not only there) a buzz pinged back and forward became a news

Why? Because of this abstract:

...The 5700 runs S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 and is based on a 369 MHz Freescale solution (same chip in the 6290). I can't find anything about the chip inside the 5070.Is the 5700 the cheapest S60 device to ever be released? Is this all thanks to Freescale's lower prices?...

Ring Nokia: Last day of CTIA: Nokia launches 5700 and 5070

Simon Judge reported the news even if he's wondering why no official announce has been issued.

Well, I don't know which CPU is shipped with Nokia 5700 but I doubt it's Freescale one.

I want to be extremely clear I work in Freescale but this is NOT an official announce. As far as I know, Freescale MXC single core architecture is not yet shipped within Nokia phones.

Eventually, it would be interesting to know which is the actual 'single chip' in N5700 and whether Ring Nokia have had the chance to have a look inside such phone during CTIA.


technorati tags:, , , ,

Blogged with Flock

1 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that the 6290 uses a Freescale chip. I was told this by a Nokia employee.

On http://forum.nokia.com/devices/6290 the specs for the 6290 says:

Single CPU

CPU Type: ARM 11

CPU Clock Rate: 369 MHz

The same thing appears on the Nokia 5700 page:

Single CPU

CPU Type: ARM 11

CPU Clock Rate: 369 MHz

http://forum.nokia.com/devices/5700

 

Post a Comment

<< Home